Records / Citations
Our records section is comprised of 3 administrative professionals and serves as an answering point for citizen inquiries, both by phone and walk-in, during normal business hours. The section is responsible for data entry, management and retention of case reports, accident reports, traffic citations, warnings, parking citations, and various other police records. The records section also fills open records requests.
The section is supervised by:
- Chris Knippel, Office Manager – (715)-345-5255 – ext. 139
- Sharalee Simkins, Law Enforcement Records Specialist – (715)-345-5255 – ext. 194
- Susan Groom, Records Specialist – (715)-345-5255 ext. 159
Reports are available from the Plover Police Department through our records office typically within 10 days of submission. A written request is required to fulfill report requests in an efficient manner. An online request form is available or forms may be picked up at the Plover Police Department. These requests are then submitted to the records office where a thorough search of our records in conducted. The information is then dispersed based on the guidelines for law enforcement of the Wisconsin Open Records Act.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm (excluding holidays)
- Saturday-Sunday: closed
Fees for Records:
- Accident/Incident Report and Background Check Copies - $.50 per page
- Photos - Audio/Video Recordings on CD - $10/cd
- Shipping/Handling – Varies
*If it is anticipated that the cost of locating records will exceed $50.00, you will be contacted and required to pre-pay the estimated cost of the reproduction of records.
Open Records Request:
Plover Police Department has partnered with CARFAX to bring you 24/7 accident reports that occurred in the Village of Plover.
To get a copy of your accident report click here: www.crashdocs.org
- Complete Open Records Request Form (click to download)
*Individuals requesting reports containing Juvenile Information must also complete the Juvenile Record Request Section of the Request Form.
- The cost for fingerprinting is $25.00 - (cash or check)
- Tuesday from 10:00am until noon
- Wednesday from 1:00pm – 3:00pm
- Can be paid in person at the Municipal Court Clerks office, 1515 Strongs Ave., Stevens Point, WI or use the link listed to go to the Stevens Point Website to pay online: http://stevenspoint.com/index.aspx?NID=1103